This Year 2021-2022
- Gujarat University organized inter-college chess tournament in which President Science College actively participated. In women category Marwadi Divya (Sem-5 Biotechnology) represented President Science College on 21st and 22nd of September.Divya perform outstanding in all the three round and dominate the first day with 100% win. On second day, Divya perform with the same spirit as previous day and won 2 rounds and loose one match after a very interesting match.She won 5 out of 6 matches at intercollege level.
- Nikita Patel of B.Sc.(Chemistry) achieved 1st rank and Gold medal in Third Year of B.Sc in Gujarat University. She is the proud rank holder among all affiliated colleges of Gujarat University
- Fortyone students of B.Sc. attended SCIENCE MANTHAN-2022, organized by P. D. Patel Institute of Applied Sciences, CHAROTAR University of Science and Technology (CHARUSAT), Changa on 26th of March, 2022. Seven students actively participated in different competitions amongst which, three of them have secured first position.
1) Sakshi Shah (Sem-4 BTMI)- Scientific Photography
2) Renu Tripathi (Sem-4 BTMI)- Scitoon
3) Krishna Chodavadiya (Sem-6 Microbiology)- Scientific Poem
- A workshop on industry orientation and career guidance organized by the Department of Microbiology for T. Y. B.sc students at president science college in association with Pharma Knowledge Center on 22nd March 2022 at 11.00am. Founder and managing director of Pharma Knowledge Center, Dr. Nishodh Saxena, delivered a talk on medical coding and revenue cycle management industry orientation and career guidance. In the healthcare industry, medical coding consists of converting medical reports into a short code. A medical coder is responsible for translating physician reports into useful medical codes. Dr. Nishodh Saxena gave a brief introduction to students about the field of medical coding.
- Department of Microbiology at President Science College, Ahmedabad organized virtual MSI student unit inaugural ceremony in the auspicious presence of Chief guest, Prof. A M Deshmukh, Key note speaker, Prof. S R Dave and Guest of honor, Dr. Shilpa Jani. The ceremony was benefited to over 170 MSI student members along with several researchers and faculty members.
- Three of Semester-1 and one of the Botany Sem-5 students have grabbed three budding researcher Awards of UG category in the National Webinar on “Wetlands: Versatile, valuable and Vulnerable” on 21st January, 2022 organized by Gujarat University and we4nature.
- Theme-A Vulnerability of Wetlands Saloni Rani Swain (CBZ- Sem-1)
- Theme- B Conservation of Wetlands-
- (A) Jaydeep Parmar (CBZ- Sem-1)
- (B) Pooja Dubey (CBZ- Sem-1)
- Theme-C Biodiversity of Wetlands Nivedita Tripathi (T.Y. Botany Sem-6)
- On 20th January 2022, Ameesha Bhavsar from BSc Biotechnology Sem 6 (President Science College, Ahmedabad) performed in presence of Honorable Prime Minister of India Shri Narendrabhai Modi in Azadi ka Amrut mahotsav.
- SEM 1 (MiBtC) student, Ms. Khushi Pradipkumar Joshi has participated and awarded the Second prize in the digital poster competition “BILLBOARD'21” conducted in accordance with the World Antibiotics Awareness Week (WAAW-2021) program as per WHO mandate to raise awareness for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) from 18th - 24th November 2021, organized by Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Mumbai.
- Three of Semester 5 (Botany) students have grabbed all three budding researcher awards (there were only 3 awards in UG category and we won all of them) in the National webinar on “Incredible Phytohormones” organized by Gujarat University. Best wishes to the winners.Theme A: Phytohormones for better productivity – Ms. Nivedita Tripathi
Theme B: Phytohormones for plant defense – Ms. Meesha Prajapati
Theme C: Synthetic PGRs in Horticulture – Ms. Hardi Panchal.
- President Science College, Ahmedabad organized a National level e-Conference on “Recent Advances and Future Trends in Biological, Chemical and Physical Science” (RAFTBCPS-2021). Held on the 30th and 31st of July, this e-Conference was also made into a virtual event where the event was streamed live on YouTube. The conference was formally inaugurated by the Vice-Chancellor of Gujarat University Prof. Dr. Himanshu Pandya. Eminent speakers such as Prof. K. N. Joshipura, Retd Professor and Ex-Head, Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University & (National) General Secretary, Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT), Dr. Kishor Harkishandas Chikhalia, Professor - Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Dr. Pranav S. Srivastav, Professor - Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Dr. Biswaranjan Paital, Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, CBSH, Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology, Odisha and Dr. Mihirkumar J. Joshi, Professor and Head, Physics Department, Saurashtra University gave exemplary lectures on various topics that was indeed an eye-opener for many.
- Mr. Mishant Kakadiya , student of B.Sc. T.Y. (Botany), President Science College has won 1st prize in a National level online Quiz competition held on Saturday,12th June 2021.
- Sem 6 Microbiology student Ms. Meera Vora had displayed her SSIP GUSec project prototype "Indiapack" in #westartmeet at ihub, SSIP exhibition. India pack is all about a venture belongs to sector agritech and clean and green environment. Incubated at GUSEC-Gujarat University and selected for finding up to 2 lakhs under student startup and innovation policy (SSIP grant). About startup, it is a naturally biodegradable packaging material made out of agriculture waste and roots of mushroom. Which is sustainable and cheap as compared to Styrofoam based packaging material.
- Miss. Nidhi Jha and Miss. Rani Chauhan have suceeded to make a plant pot which not only holds a plant but promotes plant growth, during transportation from one state to another without need of water.Their startup was supported and funded by GUSEC (Gujarat University). They also presented their innovation in various start up exhibitions.